News From Douglas Robertson
Hi everyone, Douglas Robertson here.
Why? Why do we as Canadians choose to live here in the Edmonton area? January was a brutal month, sure it started out okay but boy, two weeks of a bitter cold! AAAHHH!! The only nice thing I can say for the temperature being below -30 C for two weeks is my truck stayed clean. During these extended periods of cold temp, I tend to stay indoors more than usual but there are those who still go out, ride their bikes to work, ski and generally face the winter head-on and take all it can dish out. I believe that because we live in this country that we embrace the elements and thrive on the challenge it presents.
Speaking of embracing, If January it the wintery month then February must be the month of LOVE. February 14th is Valentine’s Day. This is also known as Saint Valentine’s day, A time for sending greeting cards, gifts, dating and church services. This is the time of year when we reach out to that special someone in our lives, be it our Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Wife, Husband or anyone who you have a special connection with. Aristotle said: “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodie
Helen Keller: “ The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart”
So there you have it, my little tale of love and romance for you to savour.
I am not too much of a romantic but this is the one time of the year when you can act a little crazy for the ones you love. Do something spontaneous, something you wouldn’t normally do, reach out through your comfort zone and surprise someone with that one gift or gesture they would never expect from you.
As we have just seen tragically, with the death of nine people in the horrific crash in California.
WE CANNOT WAIT TILL LATER… TO TELL THOSE THAT ARE CLOSEST TO US HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO US… WE MAY NOT HAVE A LATER…..DO IT NOW! There are NO guarantees in Live.
Reach out and touch someone today. Share your love.
As for me, I am continuing on my path to financial security and freedom with Real Estate. I enjoy partnering up with other investors to assist them in achieving their financial goals.
We are very interested in what your thoughts are about investing in Alberta. You may be just one phone call or one email away from your opportunity to create Long Term Wealth and a lasting legacy for you and your family.
Call or email for a chat to see how you can benefit from the rising opportunities in the Alberta Real Estate Market.
“MAY YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS ALWAYS BE GREATER THAN YOUR EXPECTATIONS”
One of the reasons I like real estate as an investment (as opposed to mutual funds, stocks, bonds, GIC’s, etc.) is because we can take advantage of LEVERAGE. Let me give you an example. Let’s say you wanted to buy $500,000 worth of gold. How much would that cost you? If you said $500K, you’re absolutely right!
Now let’s say we want to buy a $500,000 duplex – how much will that cost us? $500K? Nope.
We can buy that property with just a 20% downpayment ($100K) and the bank will finance the other 80% ($400K). We use a little bit of money in order to own a LOT of real estate.
Now here’s where it gets really exciting… Let’s say the property increases in value by 4%. That would be a $20,000 increase in value. $20K on a $500K investment is pretty good… However, because we LEVERAGED our money, we are actually making a $20,000 return on our $100,000 downpayment. That’s a 20% return on our cash invested!
That’s the POWER of LEVERAGE, and that’s one of the BIG benefits of investing in real estate vs. most other options out there.
About Douglas Robertson:
Douglas Robertson is a real estate investor. He’s been actively involved in the local Edmonton and area real estate investing for a number of years. His mission is to provide quality housing for quality tenants, while at the same time providing an above average return on investment (R.O.I) for our investor partners and ourselves. It is truly a win-win-win way of investing!
Douglas offers their investor partners hands-free investment opportunities. If you are interested to learn how to earn an above average return on your investment, backed by a solid asset, and without a hassle of being a landlord, please contact Douglas.
For more information about Douglas and his investment program,
please call 780-220-3684. or visit http://investwithdoug.ca